| Monday, April 30, 2007
|Who in the hell owns the moon?
I've decided that I want to. So I'm just going to declare right here and now, that I, Ricky Borba, own the moon. Any trips to the moon, whether it be for research purposes, or to colonize, must be approved by me. Also, anyone looking to colonize on the moon, must purchase a permit to do so, through me.
I would appreciate it everyone who reads this post could use the comments section to write your name in as a show of agreement that I own the moon. If I can get this post out there onto some other popular websites and garner enough support, I may write my local congressman, or even the governor. You know what, why don't I just aim for the moon, so to speak, and write our President when I get enough support. Thanks everyone!
I have decided to update since the initial post, and put my qualifications for why I should own the moon:
1. I love Star Wars. It's my favorite movie (or movies if you will). It takes place in space, and while it doesn't have Earth's moon as a location, it does have other moons. And seeing how I've watched Star Wars so many times, I've got a pretty good idea of how space is.
2. I see the moon almost every night. I even have a nice telescope that has allowed me to look at it closer, thus getting to know it a little more intimately.
3. I know how to say "moon" in Spanish. It's "luna".
4. I've given a lot of "full-moons" in my life.
5. When I was growing up I had a huge mural on my bedroom wall of the space shuttle discovery doing some sort of work above the moon.
6. In Junior High I had a friend named Greg Moon.
If I think of more, I'll add to the list.
What are your future plans re: the moon? How do I know you'll take good care of it and not over develop it or let it go to waste?